Cherry Brook Primary School Principal's Welcome Message
Welcome to our Website!
Cherry Brook Primary School is a Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 3 school containing approximately 450 students. Nested within the lovely hills of Canton, we actively support students in their learning, academic and social development. We are fortunate to have a knowledgeable, dedicated staff that supports our students in fostering a positive collaboration with a wonderful parent base. We are fortunate to have the best of all worlds here at Cherry Brook!
Each year, our school selects goals for our own emphasis on learning. It also allowed us to focus our energies towards a common purpose and establish a cooperative, community working together for student success. Our goals for the 2019-2020 school year are:
- Students will improve their learning in the area of reading.
- Students will improve in the area of writing.
- Students will improve in the area of math.
- Students will be able to reflect on progress towards Canton Public Schools Portrait of a Graduate.
The purpose of our goals is to enhance the learning experience for all students at Cherry Brook. It also allows us to direct our energies towards a common goal and establish a cooperative, community working together for student success.
Cherry Brook Primary School is a special place where students are valued, there are high learning expectations and a strong partnership exists between home and school. Great pride is taken in the social and emotional development of our students to allow them to begin their school careers in a caring, nurturing environment.
As always, if you have any questions, feedback or ideas, feel free to contact me at school either through a phone call or email.
- Andy Robbin
Link to All Email Correspondences From Principal
At Cherry Brook Primary School, we provide each child with positive, lifelong memories while celebrating the happiness of childhood. Focusing upon student growth and success, along with a commitment to nurture students, children become engaged learners and productive community members.
In order to accomplish our mission, we believe that students learn best when…
- inspired to love learning.
- valued for their unique talents and individuality.
- presented with opportunities where perseverance is required to overcome challenges.
- critical thinking and problem solving skills are applied academically and socially.
- individual goals are designed based on interests and learning styles.
- held accountable for their learning and actions.
- nurtured in a safe environment that promotes curiosity, confidence and self-reflection.
- different perspectives are welcomed and appreciated.
- positive peer interactions are developed and fostered.
- families and schools unite to develop a collaborative, supportive network.
- a sense of community extends beyond school.
- provided with purposeful resources to enhance their experiences.
- play, fun, and creativity are valued as integral parts of the childhood experience.